Limited Resources like oil are finite, the earth has limits.
Over Population causing famine, social and infrastructure beak-down becoming unsustainable as energy derived from oil decreases worldwide.
Many are in denial as put forth by Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, noted psychiatrist from Switzerland.
Her five stages of grief:
denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance,
are sorely present in today's society.
To get through these times
we must embrace our fear, our love and not run away from it.
We must evolve or die and "
Believe" that there IS a way out!
There is hope.
The New Human Paradigm - Everything Local
Many areas throughout the world are witnessing great migrations as economies shift, Indians leaving Dubai for lack of work, as are the Poles from England going back to their homelands. Southwestern California where some 15 million people live will have to go elsewhere since as infrastructures and resources decline such numbers cannot be maintained.
Greece is in revolution, Europe is in much worse shape than the U.S. as riots ensue, unemployment rises, and cuts in civil services, health care, police, road, bridge and power maintenance increase the old political paradigms of capitalism, communism, socialism which were based upon infinite resources are a failure.
We Must Restore Balance
We must create community, restore family and tribal allegiances at the local and regional levels. You can survive in this way, by creating self-sustaining intentional communities. You cannot store infinite supplies but you can begin to prepare yourselves.
- If you have land then restore the soils for growing your own food. Even flower boxes and rooftop gardens will suffice.
- Establish a land line phone, as wireless systems erode, you will have some backup.
- Educate yourself in holistic living from water, organic foods, and general medicines and herbs.
- Moderate storage of commodities, especially organic seeds and not those genetically hybridized things.
- Gold, gems, precious metals for bartering as the monetary system collapses.
- Books, tools and skill sets for living a self-sustainable lifestyle.
- See the video: Collapse Meet Michael Ruppert, a different kind of American. A former Los Angeles police officer turned independent reporter, he predicted the current financial crisis in his self-published newsletter, From the Wilderness, at a time when most Wall Street and Washington analysts were still in denial.
- From The Wilderness - With the arrival of Peak Oil, the curtain has closed on Act 1 of the drama Petroleum Man. What will happen in Act 2? Chekhov said, "If there's a gun on the wall at the beginning of the play, by the end it must go off." In the world's nuclear arsenal are many guns on the wall. If life copies art, will there be an Act 3 in which the players, having learned their lesson the hard way, live sustainably?
- Sustainable Communities Eco Villages from around the world.